Rivier University, Director Psy.D. Program in Counseling/School Psych.
Rivier University: Director of the Combined Psy.D. Program in Counseling and School Psychology
Rivier University seeks a dynamic leader who will inspire the next stage of excellence to serve as director of one of its most mission-centric programs, the Combined Psy.D. Program in Counseling and School Psychology.
Rivier has a strong commitment to behavioral health and substance use disorder issues through its newly created Center for Behavioral Health Professions and Workforce Development. Dedicated to its mission of “transforming hearts and minds to serve the world,” Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people.
Located in Nashua, NH, just 45 minutes from Boston, Rivier’s rich history of supporting the academic and personal success of its students is reflected both in broad-based learning in the liberal arts and in programs of professional practice, including business, education, nursing, and he alth service psychology. Having gained University status in 2012, Rivier now has over 70 undergraduate and graduate programs, including three doctoral programs, in education (Ed.D.), nursing (DNP), and counseling and school psychology (Psy.D).
The Director is a full-time, twelve-month, tenure-track faculty position in which rank and compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
The program adheres to a practitioner–scholar model and prepares graduates to be consumers of research that informs their practice as skilled professionals delivering assessment, intervention, consultation, and preventive services to their clients and constituents.
· Oversee all preparations for full APA accreditation in the next three years.
· Ensure appropriate data collection and assessment within the doctoral program.
· Provide leadership and foster collegiality among an experienced and talented faculty.
· Expand student engagement opportunities and develop best practices as a foundation for the practitioner–scholar model of doctoral preparation.
· Expand the already robust field training sites and clinical placements for graduate and doctoral students.
· Work with senior leadership to recruit, retain, and provide services for a diverse group of doctoral students.
· Assume advisement and mentoring responsibilities for doctoral and graduate students in counseling and school psychology; distribute faculty responsibilities and serve on doctoral research committees.
· Maintain professional and licensure requirements commensurate with teaching doctoral courses, supervising practica and internships; conduct internship seminars.
Applicants with the following experience, knowledge, and scholarship are encouraged to apply:
· Earned doctorate in School or Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited program, with a minimum of five years of professional experience in academia or clinical practice
· Knowledge of program assessment, particularly the APA standards for accreditation
· Licensed or license-eligible in the state of New Hampshire
· Graduate teaching or clinical supervision experience in counseling and/or school psychology
· Demonstrated scholarship, including applied research, in the areas of counseling and/or school psychology
· Administrative experience in higher education, school settings, and/or the mental health arena
We are supported in our search process by Dr. Katherine Haley of Haley Associates Higher Education Executive Search. Interested candidates should upload a confidential letter of application detailing their match to the position along with their curriculum vitae at haleyassociates.hiringthing.com.
Potential candidates may contact Dr. Haley at 603.748.4399 or at the following email address: RivierPsy.D.@haleyassociates.net
We expect to have the new director in place by January 2020. The position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately. For best consideration, apply before August 23, 2019.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran or marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities; and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.